Five Lakes Kids Ministry Assistant
This team member assists the Kids Pastor in providing administrative and communications excellence for the Kids Ministry at Five Lakes Church.
- Schedule and manage weekly team members.
- Edit, print, and upload weekly curriculum.
- Assist with maintaining the Kids Ministry calendar and room reservations.
- Order and fulfill supplies and other materials for the Kids Ministry.
- Track Kids Ministry Team applications and background checks.
- Other administrative tasks include organizing of supplies, maintenance of rooms, and other duties as assigned.
- Assist with the creation and management of communication with team members, parents, children, the church and community, aligned with the church’s communication strategies
- Through digital tools (social media, website, e-mail, phone, texts, etc.).
- Through print tools (weekly updates, service guides, handouts, flyers, etc.).
- Be a spokesperson and champion for the Kids Ministry inside and outside of the church.
Team Support (15%)
- Equip and serve the entire Kids Ministry team, with emphasis on our behind-the-scenes teams of supply coordinators, shoppers, and team encouragement
- Assist the Kids Ministry Pastor in scheduling, equipping, and encouraging team members.
1. Devoted to Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior, and member of Five Lakes Church
2. Outstanding communication skills – written and oral
3. Excellent computer skills, including ability to quickly learn and effectively use new software
4. Excellent time management and organizational abilities
5. Positive, cooperative, self-motivated, team-oriented, and maintains a professional attitude
6. Able to perform at a high level in a flexible environment
7. Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
The Kids Ministry Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Kids Pastor and will be supervised and evaluated by him/her.
• This is a part-time position, 20-25 hours per week
• Availability on Tuesdays and Wednesdays or Thursdays and at least one Sunday per month
• Availability for Kids Ministry events and church events including Christmas Eve, conferences, etc.
• Availability to attend Staff Chapels on Tuesday afternoons, once a month
Complete the application below and submit to our church office.